Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year

I am sitting here realizing that I haven't given all of you an up date of our lives this year and what we are looking forward to in this new year.

Oh, the kids....what to say about the kids....

Alyssa who turned 4 this year still reminds me that she will soon be turning 5. I keep telling her we are going to skip her birthday, so she won't turn 5, she doesn't like this very much. Of course I am kidding, if I wanted to skip anyone's birthday it would be my own. Anyway. Alyssa loves going to Preschool 3 times a week. She starting attending a Gymnastics class this year and loves that too. She loves to hold Kaisley and play with her friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, her daddy, and anyone that will play with her. She is good at making friends wherever she goes. She had loved being in the Sunbeams, and singing all the primary songs.Alyssa is looking forward to turning 5, like I said, so she can go to Kindergarten. We are looking forward to seeing what new things she can do and learn this year.

Bridger turned 2 this year and continues to keep me on my toes all day long. He is a very busy 2 year old boy and has the stubborness to match. Bridger loves to play, always wants to go outside, or go to someones house. He will ask me if we are going to TJ's (his cousin) house, then when I say no, he says Nana, or Granny, or Grandpa, or anyone else's name he can think of. He loves animals, but doesn't like to get too close to them too soon, he really takes his time; I guess they are just more intimidating up close.
We are looking forward to Bridger being potty trained (not that I want to do it) this year, and seeing how he grows, and hopefully growing out of that terrible 'terrible two' stage.

Kaisley has been a joy this year. Of course she is only 2 months, how bad could she be. We have loved seeing her smile and start interacting a little with us. She has been a good baby both day and night. I told her when she was born that she needed to stay 7lbs for like 4 months, but she already doesn't listen to me (LOL). We have just enjoyed her spirit in our home, and can't wait to see what personality she will become this year. I don't want her to turn 1 this year, but I know that the inevitable will come.
Of course me, Aubrey, has been a little busy this year, having Kaisley and now raising 3 kids. Would I have ever thought 10 years ago this is where I would be, no, but I don't think I would trade being where I am now for anything. I love staying at home (most days) playing and interacting with my kids. They bring me so much joy and frustration all in one day, with all the other emotions too. I am sure Damon wonders when he comes home from work which emotion I will be going through at the moment. I am so glad he puts up with me each day. Love ya babe. I was put into the Primary Presidency this year, being in charge of the cub scouts in my ward. And when I thought I finally had things starting to get worked out, they reorganized our ward boundries and we were put into a new ward, the Trailside ward. Yes, they did put my back in the Primary Presidency, but now it is the starting all over part again that is just throwing me again. I hope I come back down with my feet on the ground soon and get things running smooth.My goals this year are to become more healthier, continue getting closer to Christ, and to try to be more organized (so my mind doesn't go crazy).

Damon is still working for Ninemile Software. They are getting closer to being done, but are still working on getting the software programmed. We have loved him working closer to home, instead of Salt Lake. My brother, Janson, has gotten his back into Rock Climbing, and has enjoyed every minute of that. It has also been fun for him to take Alyssa, and seeing her potential in the things that he loves. Damon loves coming home (I hope) to wrestle with the kids, and as the kids put it "Scare Us." Damon also started wearing Contacts again, after 10 years or so of not. It's about time. Damon was on the Cub Scout Committee in our ward, which was great for me, so he could help me plan stuff for Cub Scouts. But now in our new ward, he has yet to be called to anything, which means he get to continue to help me plan Blue & Gold this year.Damon's goals this year is to become more healthier too (I think this is an every year goal for both of us), and to get his Software program off the ground and running and seeing what potential it really has once on the market.


We love you all and hope the best for you this new year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Evans Family said...

Love it! Now come and get my blog updated!