Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Update....Update....Read all about it.

So it has been a while since I have posted so this is going to be an update post of what has been going on at our house.

January 20th. Alyssa had a field trip to the Train Depot. They were planning on taking the light rail up and back. I decided that we would take Bridger too, since he loves trains. Well we had a slow morning, so by the time I made it down to the train station, the train was leaving. So I drove my kids up to the Depot to see the museum. They both loved it. Alyssa and Bridger were able to ride the light rail back to Layton with some friends and neighbors.

February. Damon had a work conference in San Diego, so I decided to fly down to meet him when his conference was over. This was a new experience for me. I needed to wake up early, take Alyssa and Bridger to my parents house, and have my dad drive me to the airport with Kaisley. I have never flown by myself, but I made it. Once I got to San Diego I had to find the rental car place and then navigate myself to Damon's hotel. Luckily my phone has a GPS and I was able to find my way with ease.

San Diego was nice and warm. Damon's sister Shunae, Travis and Jade met us at the hotel later that day to hang out. We went to dinner at the Gaslamp District that night. The next day we decided to go Whale Watching. It sure did sound like fun, but it was a little windy. A little windy does not mix well with the ocean. The swells were 10-12 feet which made everyone on the boat sick. We started getting closer to the whales, even seeing their sprays off in the distance and we hit a swell and a girl fell and hit her head pretty good. Good enough that it became a medical emergency and we had to turn around and head back. What a bummer. But we now have some rain checks if anyone would like to have a go at the Whale Watching. We will sell them for cheaper than you can buy them. Let me know if you want them, we have 5 in total.

After Whale Watching we headed up to their place to stay the night and hang out. The next day we headed over to Huntington Beach. It was the nicest day we had there yet. The sun felt so warm as we walked down the beach and the pier. We even got to see a whole bunch of dolpins off the pier. Way fun. I was sad that we had to be leaving that day.

1 comments:

The Shelton Family said...

We had a blast with you guys here! Come back:)