Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Broken Arm

Kaisley broke her right wrist September 13, 2010, after falling out of her crib after her nap. She hated getting the x-rays done. To me it just seems mean and cruel what they have to do to get that x-ray right, but I am sure that is how it has to be done. I found out that she had fractured her wrist and needed to stabilize it so she could heal and still be able to crawl around.

That little pink cast was the littlest cast I have ever seen, but it sure didn't last long. That Thursday, just 3 days later, she pulled her cast off in her crib. I don't know how she got it off, but she did. I then had to take her back into the doctor to get a new cast put on, this one was orange and was bigger, so it could stay on better.
The cast didn't even hinder her crawling at all, and sometimes I think she really liked it, she could bang it on everything. By the time the 3 weeks were up, her cast was so stinky. I was glad to get rid of that stinky thing.

0 comments: