We have had a lot of hospital and doctor visits these last 3 weeks. And let me tell you, I don't want to do it again.
First of all, Kaisley didn't pass part of her hearing test, so they rescheduled us to come back the next week to recheck her left ear. Then I took her to the doctor for her after hospital check-up and he then wanted us to take her back to the hospital to get some more blood work done to check her for jaundice. The test came back fine, but he wanted us to get it checked again in 2 days. So I took her back in to get it checked again, and again it came back fine. I know it is better to be safe than sorry, but it was a little bit of a pain taking her all the way back up to Ogden Regional to poke her in the foot twice.
I thought everything was fine, I was starting to heal like I should, but early, early Sunday morning I woke up with severe chills that I couldn't control. I ended up sitting in the tub for an hour before the chills finally subsided. My side was in pain as well, so I made Damon call my parents to come down while he took me to the ER, back up at Ogden Regional. By the time we got there it was probably about 4 or so in the morning. They took my blood and a urine sample to get tested and gave me some morphine to help with the pain in my side. After the doctor looked at me, he thought I was having problems with my gallbladder, but wanted me to come back Monday morning to get an ultrasound just to make sure.
So Monday morning we went back up to Ogden Regional to get my ultrasound, and the only thing she would tell me was that I would probably need to see a surgeon. Thankfully, Damon's Mom works for a Dr, and he was able to get my ultrasound results, which was that I had gall stones. They got me an appointment to see a surgeon that same day to discuss my options. So back up to South Weber to see the surgeon and he tells me that I have a Urinary Tract Infection that needs to be treated before we can even consider surgery.
Everyday seemed to get better and better, which is good. I met back with the surgeon on Monday and we decided to wait on the surgery. So I may never have gallbladder surgery if everything stays in line, but if it flares up again, it is going to come out.
I had so much help from my mom and dad, and Damon's Mom those 2 weeks, I don't know even where to start my thank you's. I had someone to take care of me, my kids, and my house every day for about 2 weeks while I was healing.
I am feeling good now, just tired from not getting a full nights sleep. But one day that will come back too, I just keep hoping sooner than later. Thank you all for keeping me and my family in your thoughts and prayers.
Montana Trip Day Four
1 month ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment