Wednesday, May 19, 2010

When it Rains it Pours....

In our situation it kind of AVALANCHED....

Bridger was playing in the tub one night...there was a loud bang and then screams. He hit his ear on the side of the tub. It immediately swelled and bruised.

Damon decided to go Bouldering with my brother Janson Monday night, April 19th. He called me about 6 and says, I need you to find the closest hospital that takes our insurance, and that is all I get. I call him back and he says come on down, I broke my ankle. I took Alyssa and Bridger up to my Mom's, and Mynon and I head down to St. Mark's ER to find Damon. We found out he broke his ankle in 2 spots, but they sent us home because the on-call orthopeadic surgeon said it would be ok till tomorrow.

The next day comes and we call that doctor and he isn't on our insurance plan. So I start to scramble trying to find a doctor that can fix his ankle. So I met Mynon, Damon's mom, because she is going to watch Alyssa and Bridger while I take Damon to the doctor in Murray. We get there and they were shocked that they let him go home from the ER with a compound fracture. Which means the bone had broken the skin, which means there is a huge risk of infection...not good. Anyway, they scramble to get us into surgery that day. He finally got into surgery about 4:30 that day, so they had to keep him overnight, because it was so late in the day. I came home that night with Kaisley, so we could get some rest and we headed back down to SL the next morning, while my Mom watched the other 2 kids. I brought him home about 4:00 that Wednesday.

After having a few gall bladder problems after having Kaisley, the symptoms came back to haunt me in a bad way. April 27th, after dinner I really wasn't feeling good. I went to bed that night having taken some of Damon's pain pills, and woke up the next morning way nauseous. My mom came down that Wednesday to help me take care of the kids, since I thought I was sick from taking those pills without eating food with them. I was starting to feel better, but the pain came back that night and wouldn't leave. My mom finally put me on a jello diet, which seemed to help a little, but by Friday I called to doctor to get me scheduled for gall-bladder surgery. I made an appt to see him on Monday for a pre-op and have surgery that Wednesday. Many thanks go to my Mom and Damon's Mom for taking care of me, Damon, and the kids. We would not have made it without you.

Wednesday, May 5th, I was scheduled for surgery first thing in the morning up at Ogden Regional. When I got out they told me I had a stone come out of my gall-bladder, which was probably causing all my pain in the first place, and had to have another procedure the next day with a different doctor who could put a tube down my throat into my small intestine, into my bile-duct where the stone was a remove it. An hour or 2 after that I was able to come home.

We are both on was way up and hopefully nothing else will send us to the hospital again. I am just so grateful for all the help that our families gave us at that time and are still doing for us. There is no way I could have done it on my own. We love you all greatly.

2 comments:

Merinda said...

wow, sounds like you guys have really had your trials lately. Hope everything is going better now.

The Shelton Family said...

I hope it stops raining:)