Monday, December 8, 2008

Halloween

Alyssa was a witch and Bridger was a Dog. Alyssa's costume was supposed to be a dress, but when I put it on her, it was too short. Luckily I found some black leggings that made her costume work. Bridger wanted to pull his hat off the entire time it was on.I know this one is blurry, but it catching what I wanted to get.

Our neighborhood does a trunk-or-treat, which I think is absolutely fabulous for these younger kids, like mine. Afterwards we headed up to my parents house for a short visit and did a little trick or treating to a few family friends. I think Alyssa is starting to understand Halloween a little bit better. All Bridger cared about was that he was outside and was able to run around for a while.A couple of days later, my mom held her annual Halloween Party at her house. She makes this great big fantastic spread of food and desserts and plenty of fun. We had pumpkin soup, bone shaped rolls, pumpkin cakes, and many many other things.

We decorated haunted houses. My kids were not cooperating, so that left me by myself for a while to decorate our house. I gave up after putting it all together. Damon came back and I put him in charge of decorating the house.

We also had a pinata, which the kids loved. I was actually the one to break it, I shocked myself, but it was fun. Thanks Mom.



0 comments: