Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

We had a family reunion in Salina on Memorial Day, which I think will turn into every year, I believe. So Briena and I decided that we would go down the night before and stay in a hotel, instead of making the 3 hour drive twice in 1 day. We stayed at the Best Western in Richfield, which seemed to work out very nice.

This morning when we got up we went swimming in their indoor heated swimming pool. The kids thoroughly enjoyed it. We then met up with the rest of the family at my Grandpa's Gravesite in Aurora, UT. The weather did not cooperate with us this year and it very windy and started to rain. We usually take our crew up to Maple Grove, I think that is what it is called. It is a camp ground near by. Anyway, not a good year to be outside, so we were able to get inside the church there by the cemetary. Lucky us. We ate Turkey Steaks, which are a Harward Staple, and many more treats to go with it. We played bingo, and the kids enjoyed playing toy fishing, getting tattoos and runny practically wild.



Even though it was a long drive, it is good see everyone now and again and enjoy time as a FAMILY.

0 comments: