Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Damon and the BIG THREE-O

Damon we so not excited about turning 30 this year, so I planned a week of activities for him to enjoy to help him through it.

On Tuesday, Aug 4th, his Birthday, I paid some neighbor kids to come and mow the lawn. And then I made some baby back ribs, our friend Glade's recipe. Thanks Glade. He was excited to come home and see the lawn mowed and the ribs turned out excellent. I didn't make a cake, but we did have his favorite birthday cake at his mom's house the Sunday before.

On Wednesday, Aug 5th, I had his brother Jordan plan a time to go see a movie that he wanted to see, Jack Black in "Year One." All of this was a surprise until the morning of, which was really fun for me to have some secrets from him.

On Thursday, I had my brother Janson plan a time to go Rock Climbing. I brought the kids along with us, and even though it was very windy, we all had a great time. Even Alyssa like to try and climb. Bridger was so tired and fell asleep.


Friday, Aug 7th, was his big present day. So back in February I was watching Good Things Utah and they had Leading Edge Aviation on talking about this Discovery flight they have for $99. It was then that I thought this would be a great present for Damon's birthday, him turning 30 and all. I felt he needed something new and excited to break in the new era. I didn't tell him what we were doing until about an hour before we got there. It turns out, Damon had a blast and would now like to become a pilot, once we can afford to pay for pilot lessons. The fun part was that I got to ride along in the back. My head wasn't the same the rest of the night, but it was fun to go along with Damon doing something he would really enjoy. When we got there, they went out and checked the plane, then sat right in the cockpit ready to fly. We headed up North Ogden Canyon around to see Pineview and then our of Ogden Canyon. He flew for about 30-40 minutes. I highly recommend it if anyone is thinking about it.



Saturday morning Damon's dad arranged for golfing with the brothers. Damon was excited to use his new Wedges that his Dad contributed for this birthday. All day Saturday afternoon Damon kepts getting frustrated that nobody could make up their mind about doing something that night. Little did he know he had one last surprise. I made reservation up at La Ferrovia Ristorante in Ogden on 25th Street. It is this little Italian place that my family has been going to for years and now one of Damon's favorites. His whole family was there and I just surprised him as we walked in. I just tried to play it casual and say, lets go eat at this restaurant for your birthday, and he was surprised.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMON!!!

4 comments:

The Cragun's said...

That is quite the week... You are such a good wife... And brave for flying in a little plane... How are you ever going to top a week like this :)

Adree said...

WOW!!!! Don't tell my husband. I would hate that he might expect birthdays to be like that.

dkwalkerfam said...

That is pretty impressive that you could pull that off all week long!

Damon said...

Don't I have the best wife in the world!! She's amazing-